Pond Decoration & Maintenance Tips
Pond Decoration & Maintenance Tips are vital to pond keepers and water gardeners. Maintaining your pond can be an enjoyable part of pond management. A small investment in the right tools will help to simplify your efforts, while saving valuable time and minimizing potential setbacks we have added some useful information to aid pond keepers and water gardener’s alike.
Useful Pond Decoration & Maintenance Tips:
- If your pond has foam filters to trap dirt and fish waste going through the filter, always wash these out with water from the pond, so not to kill beneficial bacteria.
- Be sure to prune and cut back aquatic plants to prevent debris from entering your water garden pond.
- Invest in a fish feeding ring to keep all pond food in one place and stop it from going into the skimmer if one is needed.
- If your fish have not entirely eaten the food you placed in the pond within 5 minutes, could cause water quality issues, due to overfeeding.
- A good pond skimmer is essential to remove floating debris like leaves and uneaten food.
- A low hanging fixed net, placed over the ponds water surface is an effective means, to keeping out certain predators, and unsightly debris.
Decoration items are widely available. We stock a large selection of solar water lilies, floating ducks and swans that add interest and protection to the pond.
Check out our Facebook page for latest news and information.