PondH2o’s Floating Plant Islands Kit Round & Square Large (14″) with Substrate is designed to supply the water garden pond owner with two (2) floating fabric aquatic plant baskets and pond substrate.
The Kit does NOT include plants.
PondH2o’s Floating Plant Islands kit are floating aquatic water garden pond plant baskets. The material is porous, so that the roots will always be supplied with enough water. The Styrofoam floating ring allows the basket to float in any random place on the water surface, however, it can also be fixed with a weight to the loop. In this way “Plant Islands” will be created, which present a fascinating effect, even in places where the water is too deep to plant on the bottom of your pond. The advantage is that the floating baskets sit (float) on the surface of the pond water, so the plant roots will remain in the water no matter how the water garden pond water fluctuates.
- Will Float Pond Plants on Surface, Allowing More Plants in the Pond
- Can be Linked Together
- Traps Pond Soil in the Basket The floating plants baskets are made from durable cloth.
Also included with the Floating Plant Baskets Kit Large is Velda Plant Substrate which has been composed especially for the planting of aquatic water garden pond plants. It prevents the root parts of plants from rotting and stimulates powerful growth. A complete product, you will not require any other pond soil or gravel. The substrate takes nutrients from the water and delivers it straight to the roots for optimum growth and vitality.
Instructions for use:
- Fill the baskets completely with Plant Substrate and wet the material before potting a pond plant.
- Carefully push the lower part of the stem in the substrate and cover it with 2cm of substrate. Plant Substrate does not make the water cloudy. and does not have to be covered by another material.
- Depending on the size of the planting basket the contents of the present packing will be sufficient for potting 1 or 2 baskets.
- Simply fill the planter with a few centimeters of aquatic pond soil, then place the plant, surrounding soil over the top.
- Fill the rest of the basket with plant substrate.
Place in your water garden pond…
We sell Hessian squares, if you would like to add to the Floating Plant Baskets Kit Large https://www.pondh2o.com/hessian-square-liners/
Visit PondH2o’s information center to read more on the benefits of adding aquatic pond plants to your water garden koi fish pond by clicking HERE. As always, remember to check our Facebook page for coupons and news.